Wednesday, October 8, 2008

FIRST GAME

Today was my first game as a Washington General. The game was in Harlem, NY at the Harlem Armory in front of about 2-3 thousand intercity children. I was very excited for the game even though our wake up call was 5:30am!! Luckily I was able to participate in the game, as one other rookie General and I were the only newcomers that played. The show was so much fun and received priceless reactions from the children. I played in the second quarter and scored a couple lay-ups and a short jump shot. I also have been chosen to be the Generals' player that puts a glass covering over the globetrotters basket (due to my height, ha....ha) in the third quarter (by means of a ladder). I did not receive a very positive response from the crowd to say the least! Overall, our team did a great job in the show and shot lights out. Unfortunately, we came up on the short end once again....losing to the darn globetrotters 92-86!! Maybe next time. As for the next few days, we have a couple more practices before leaving for the Mediterranean on Friday. The journey has just begun!


GO GUILFORD BASKETBALL!!

4 comments:

JK said...

Sounds awesome, bro. Did you tell your coaches about the notorious long-range shots that you and your teams have been known for. I'm talking about the half-court swish to end the first half of that CHHS game. Also the full-court shot to win that Guilford game. Maybe that's something you can incorporate into the show! Peace, C-note.

Caleb Kimbrough said...

Enjoy every moment Caleb....we are so proud of you and can not wait to see you play! Thanks for the blog!

Love you Mom

Unknown said...

somewhere coach davis is saying, "i didn't raise caleb to be a dadgum loser! you're making the globetrotters look like all-americans every night!"
but seriously, you are the man. i'll check the schedule when i'm back in the states. keep up the posts!

Kirsten Schrader said...

Caleb!! We are so proud!! You know, I used to live in the same neighborhood with the famous globe trotter, Curly Neal! he drove a big white Caddy and wore a big white cowboy hat. You know, if you need a personal ATC for that trip to the Mediterranean, I am in. :)
Best of luck and I am looking forward to reading about your adventures!
xoxo
Kirsten